General English Foundation Semester
The GENERAL ENGLISH FOUNDATION (FS) has been designed for students, who intend to improve English proficiency and continue studies in the study programmes offered by Riga Technical University or any other EU universities. The Foundation programme entry requirements are as follows:
|Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)||IELTS Academic||TOEFL iBT/PBT|
- The purpose of this chart is intended only to provide minimum results to enter FS. This chart is not to be quoted or used for official English language proficiency test score comparison purposes.
- Prospective students should note that full educational background will be taken into consideration for admission purposes.
Eligibility for admission
- Online application ;
- A document stating student’s English proficiency qualification or Skype video-interview results from the RTU Admission team or Foreign Students Foundation and Short-Term courses Unit team
- Application fee of 150 EUR paid into the RTU account.
The program has been designed to improve English proficiency level to provide a realistic environment within which students can develop the skills to start and manage the study process in the degree programmes effectively.
- 04 March 2019 – 31 May 2019
- 15 September 2019 – 15 December 2019
- 15 September 2019 – 15 June 2020
Programme Tuition Fee
- 1360 EUR one semester
- 1960 EUR two semesters
|Subjects||Number of Credit Points (ECTS)|
|Latvian Language (optional) for extra charge||3 CP (4.5 ECTS)|
|History and Culture of Latvia (optional) for extra charge||2 CP (3 ECTS)|
- For any questions regarding admission into RTU Foundation Semester, contact Head of Foreign Students Foundation and Short-Term courses Unit Ms Natalja Muracova:
Phone: +371 67089036
- Accommodation, travel and living expenses, health insurance are covered by an applicant.