Riga Technical University welcomes all the students interested in PhD to join our research teams!
RTU is the leader in research and innovation in the Baltic States. University research is an integral part of the study process.
- The strategic aim of both fundamental and applied research is to analyse and find solutions to required social and technical problems,
- Success of these solutions depends considerably on external University partners as well as co-operation between ideas and resources,
- RTU offers its research potential for productive partnership and is ready to develop new research projects and programmes,
- Many of the research programmes conducted at RTU are very important to the industry, economy of Latvia and worldwide,
- Each economic entity in Latvia benefits from these research programmes by creating new products or developing an innovation-based technology and manufacturing.
The following study programmes are opened to international PhD applicants
- Manufacturing and Processing
- Automation and Computer Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Systems
- Computerised Control of Electrical Technologies
- Power and Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Engineering Technology, Mechanics and Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Science
- Production Engineering
- Heat, Gas and Water Technology
- Computer Management, Information and Electronic Systems of Transport
- Transport (Mechanics and Metal Working, Heat Power, Heat Engineering and Mechanical Engineering)
- Environmental Science
The doctoral studies consist of theoretical courses and scientific research for 11 months per each academic year and with a doctoral thesis defence at the end of four years (fulltime) or five years (part-time) study.