Foundation Semester in Mathematics
Riga Technical University provides a great opportunity for those who are looking for opportunities in life that are really worth taking. At present, students who obtained grade not less than 4 (four) in entrance examination can get a second chance to proceed with their dream to study engineering or computer systems programme.
The Foundation Semester in Mathematics is put together as an intense 16-week programme that allows students who complete the exam with 50% access to study an engineering degree programme at RTU and who complete the programme with 60% access to study in computer systems where Mathematics is a prerequisite, provided that the applicants meet the other qualifying criteria of RTU.
- Perspective students should note that full educational background as well as English proficiency and motivation will be taken into consideration for admission purposes.
- Due to the intense nature of this course, the attendance is compulsory and any absence from more than 10% of class will result with an immediate student’s withdrawal from the Foundation Semester.
Eligibility for Admission
- Online application
- English proficiency qualification and RTU video-interview with the RTU Admission Team and/or Foreign Students Foundation and Short-Term Courses Unit.
- RTU Entrance Examination in Mathematics with the grade not less than 4 (four).
- Application fee of 150 EUR fully paid.
- Foundation Semester Fee and one semester tuition fee fully paid.
16 September 2019 – 17 January 2020
17 February 2020 – 12 June 2020
1360 EUR per semester + one semester tuition fee for the study programme
CONTACT HOURS AND WORKLOAD
The Foundation programme includes 20 hours of Mathematics per week and 30 hours of independent study. The main areas covered are the following:
- Analytical geometry: vectors, lines, surfaces.
- Linear algebra: matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations.
- Introduction to analysis: limits, continuity.
- Differential calculus: derivative, differential and their applications.
- Integral calculus: indefinite and definite integrals, their applications.
- Ordinary differential equations. Series. Double and triple integrals.
- Radian Measures, trigonometric functions and equations.
For any questions regarding admission into RTU Foundation Semester in Mathematics, contact:
- Ms Marite Tranina at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head of the Unit Mrs Natalja Muracova at email@example.com
Note: Accommodation, travel and living expenses as well as health insurance and other extra fees are covered by the applicant.