The University Foundation Course Unit provides FOUNDATION semester for students who intend to apply for the DEGREE Study Programmes offered by Riga Technical University Foreign Students Department, however the level of Mathematics is not enough to study effectively or/and the minimum English language proficiency results do not correspond to the programme entry requirements or are as follows:
|TOEFL iBT||TOEFL PBT||IELTS Academic||CEF|
The purpose of this chart is intended only to provide minimum results to enter FS. This chart is not to be quoted or used for official English language proficiency test score comparison purposes.
Eligibility for admission (Bachelor or Master)
1) A document stating student’s English proficiency qualification or Skype video-interview results from the RTU Admission team;
2) Online registration;
3) All documents necessary for admission into a degree programme;
4) Application fee of 165$ paid into the RTU account.
The program has been designed to improve English proficiency or/and Mathematics level to provide a realistic environment within which students can develop the skills to start and manage the study process in the RTU degree programmes effectively. The subjects offered in the Foundation Semester are Math (6 ECTS) and English (9 ECTS).
2016/2017 Programme Costs and Deadlines
Programme Cost is 1850 USD/ per semester (12 weeks)*
Deadline for Spring semester 2016/2017 – 15 January
Deadline for Autumn semester 2017/2018 – 15 July
*Shall be paid together with the one semester tuition fee.
Subjects (there are several options and variations of choosing the courses)
|Subjects||Number of Credit Points (ECTS)|
|English Language||6 CP (9 ECTS) Intensive|
|Mathematics||4 CP (6 ECTS)|
|Latvian Language (optional) for extra charge||1 CP (1.5 ECTS)|
|History and Culture of Latvia (optional) for extra charge||2 CP (3 ECTS)|
- For any questions regarding admission into RTU Foundation Semester, contact Head of Foundation Course Unit at email@example.com.
- Accommodation, travel and living expenses, health insurance are covered by an applicant.
Prospective students should note that full educational background will be taken into consideration for admission purposes.