The Erasmus+ programme aims to boost skills and employability, as well as modernising Education, Training, and Youth work. The seven year programme will have a budget of €14.7 billion.
Erasmus+ will provide opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, gain work experience and volunteer abroad. From 2015 Erasmus+ offer mobility grants to applicants outside the European Union. For details on visit Erasmus+ for Programme countries or Erasmus+ for Partner countries.
Erasmus+ programme countries include applicants from EU, EEA, EETA and Turkey.
If you wish to come for Erasmus+ exchange studies to Riga Technical University, apply online at incomingexchange.rtu.lv . Only online applications will be considered valid.
It is your responsibility to check with your home university that you receive credit points for exchange studies at Riga Technical University.
Fill in the required information in the online application, upload these documents (all of the documents must be scanned in PDF and in good quality – easy to read and understand):
- Copy of your passport.
- Official transcript of records in English (i.e. a list of courses you have completed). Master level students have to submit also bachelor level diploma supplement in English.
Transcript of records has to reflect that student has successfully completed all academic requirements at home university. Students with failed grades and, accordingly with academic debts at home university, will not be accepted as exchange students at Riga Technical University.
- English language proficiency confirmation stating knowledge of at least level B1 or equivalent according to CEFR.
You can add either an official test result or, if you have not taken any international language tests, an official letter from your home university stating your level of English language. The confirmation document has to be in English.
- If you wish to apply for courses in the Faculty of Architecture, you have to attach your Portfolio. Your acceptance for exchange studies will depend on the evaluation of your portfolio and academic background. It is advisable that at the time of application, student is at least in 4th semester on a bachelor level studies, meaning – will have finished at least 2 years of studies in the field of architecture at the time of exchange.
If you wish to study in Latvian, you will be asked for Latvian Language test as a proof of Latvian language skills
Your Erasmus grant will be paid by your home university.
If you are a citizen of a member state of European Union or European Economic Area, or Switzerland, you may reside in Latvia for one year without visa.
If you are NOT a citizen of a member state of European Union or European Economic Area, or Switzerland, check immigration requirements HERE.
Please check accommodation with the university and see how to make a booking HERE.
Before applying, read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aO5RiMwKaslSsr6t2u9m_jlYPN-ZOum9FhmUG7hM1Bk/pub
For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 June for Fall Semester (15 May for studies in Faculty of Architecture)
- 15 November for Spring Semester
If you have any questions, please contact incoming Erasmus+ students coordinator (European universities) Ms Inga Karkla via email@example.com