From February 24th until March 4th 2018 a joint meeting was organized by Erasmus+ KA2 capacity building in higher education project “EXTEND” (Excellence in Engineering Education through Teacher Training and New Pedagogic Approaches in Russia and Tajikistan) consortium in Saransk, Russia, hosted by Ogarev Mordovia State University. Meeting was dedicated to the introduction of Russian and Tajik teachers to the innovative pedagogical approaches used in EU, namely Romanian, Portuguese and Latvian examples. Various training sessions were organized and carried out by Politehnica University of Bucharest, University of Minho and Riga Technical University. Main outcomes of the seminar are considered to be:
- Finding similarities and differences between Russian and Tajik education systems;
- mapping out the main documents used in higher education;
- preparing nominated teachers for further training (Train The Trainer);
- performing a needs analysis for EXTEND excellence centers that will be deployed;
- finalizing a questionnaire design for student and teacher survey.
In addition to the overall activities, Riga Technical University staff met with various faculty members of Ogarev Mordovia State University, developed communication about future project proposals as well as met with students of Quality Management to discuss the project issues from a student’s point of view.
YouTube video has been created for Project promotion.